What's the safest of way cleansing the house from chemical fumes without side effect?

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
what's the safest of way cleansing the house from chemical fumes? thanks bye.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Open all the windows, doors and start the exhaust

Detailed Answer:

1. One needs to open all the doors and windows and start the exhaust fans if present.

2. There are (full face) Chemical Gas Respirator Face Masks available in the market which can be used while one is doing this.

3. It is better to be away from home, locking the main gates and opening all the other exits as far as possible. Of course take care of the security measures!

4. It is ideally safe to shift after 24 hours in the home if possible.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: What's the safest of way cleansing the house from chemical fumes without side effect? 6 hours later
what are you referring to by "the exhaust"? is it some sort of machinery?

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exhaust fans push air from inside out.

Detailed Answer:

Exhaust fans are installed in some homes, particularly in the kitchens to push out the air from inside. They can be used in such situations if installed in the home.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: What's the safest of way cleansing the house from chemical fumes without side effect? 2 hours later
why is it better to be away from home during this?
can exhaust fans induce gastreoreflux disease?

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
To be on the safer side

Detailed Answer:
It takes some time for the fumes to be dispersed and vented out. A duration of 24 hours ensures that maximum gas has been ventilated out hence this much time to avoid exposure by not staying in house.

Exhaust fans causing gerd is not known.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologis