What would you recommend for someone suffering with Hepatitis-C having insufficient resources?
User rating for this question
SINCE THE NEW DRUG FOR HEP-C IS SO EXPENSIVE, WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR SOMEONE WHO IS INFLICTED WITH THE DISEASE AND HAS INSUFFICIENT RESOURCES? ARE THERE CLINICAL TRIALS AVAILABLE ? WOULD IT HELP TO SEEK TREATMENT IN ANOTHER COUNTRY? THIS PERSON HAS MEDICARE AND HAS WORKED AS A NURSE FOR MANY YEARS. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT HEP-C WAS CONTACTED IN THE CLINICAL SETTING VIA A NEEDLE STICK.( BUT NOT REPORTED.) SHE HAS BEEN RETIRED NOW FOR FIVE YEARS.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Medicare can cover drugs for Hep.C.... Detailed Answer: Hi, There are 2 main treatment therapy for hep.C: - peginterferon, ribavirin - telaprevir They are all high-cost drugs; however, they are necessary to be used. With regards to Medicare coverage, to my knowledge, all these drugs can be covered by Medicare. You can contact the company to understand how. As the patient has been a nurse for many years, it is possible for hep.C to be transmitted through accidental needle stick while working although not reported. Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Vitamin b complex with methylcobalamin
- What is hepatitis c antibody
- What are the prevention of hepatitis c
- Cause of shingles in adults
- How to reduce sgpt jaundice
- Husband chronic hep taking clevudine thi
- What causes hepatitis c
- Is 180 ml of 40 alcoholic drink daily too much for liver
- Oticon hearing aids spirit zest
- How is color blindness passed
- Jaundice and stomach pain
- Depression gene linked to stress
- How long does it take lasilactone to act
- What are the symptoms of hepatitis c?
- What is chronic hepatitis c