What to do if have extremely high BP levels?

Recently checked my BP and BP level is 160/105 and after that checked sugar level and its normal so what to be follow next?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your blood pressure is on the higher limits.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your blood pressure number is above the normal limits. If three consecutive blood pressure readings taken on different times of a week show consistently high numbers, you will need to antihypertensive drugs. I suggest you to repeat the blood pressures preferably at a doctor's office on three occasions of a week. High numbers can be treated with calcium channel blocker or angiotension receptor blocker drugs. Your doctor will know about the medicines. I am glad blood sugar is normal. Keep them checked once in 6 months or once a year. Practice healthy life style - salt restriction and early morning brisk walks. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards