Ask a Urologist   »  

What to do if Tac gel is put by mistake in urethra instead of K-Y jelly?

Diabetologist
Question
hello I by mistake put Tac in my urethra instead of ky to do urethral play. Tac is the stuff you put on tens pads sinds that time I have had a much iretated urethra what can I do YYYY@YYYY The irritation has already been for 5 weeks. The tac gel went down all the way to the prostate it stopped just before it. I did have my prostate checked and it was normal
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Inflammation of urethra Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic Tac gel is a conductive adhesive gel, which is used to do tests like ECG, TENS, EMG... When it travels through urethra, it causes inflammation of urethra, but it might not be serious unless there is secondary infection by bacterias.. since your age is 65 years and bacterial colonials become active.. So see for the signs of infections such as fever, chills and pain and burning sensation during urination.. Dont worry it will be self limited as you dont have any immunomodulatory conditions like diabetes. So drink lot of water... Since you have irritation, folow the following instructions 1. Stop using scented soaps 2. Avoid bike rides doe long time 3. Select and use antiinflammatory and analgesic drugs, it is advised to take a course of antibiotics after consulting your doctor.. Hope this information is helpful Thanks

Follow-up: What to do if Tac gel is put by mistake in urethra instead of K-Y jelly? 18 minutes later
I have been taking antibiotic Ciprofloxacin i do pee normal not blocked

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes it is recommended Detailed Answer: Dear sir It is recommended to use the medicine Ciprofloxacin. So don't worry. Try to add one anti inflammatory drug. Thanks

Follow-up: What to do if Tac gel is put by mistake in urethra instead of K-Y jelly? 16 hours later
The products you advised do the help with discomfort and help heel the antiinflammation. Can I buy them over the counter that would be great because i am on vacation right now pl advice .I am happy that i am in touch with you thank you for helping The antiinflammatory drugs Do they help the healing process also. Can they be bought over the counter ?? If not is there something over the counter that can help

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: they do help Detailed Answer: Dear sir It will reduce the inflammation and increase the healing process. Antiinfammatory drugs like ibuprofen is available over the counter. You may take this medicine twice a day after food for few days. However ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) needs a prescription. Regards

Follow-up: What to do if Tac gel is put by mistake in urethra instead of K-Y jelly? 14 hours later
I have 7 pills Ciprofloxacin left should i take 1. 500 pill per day to get her with 2 inflammation pills. Ps i have been on antibiotics for 14 days already and have no simptons of fever pea is also clear

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: complete the course of antibiotics Detailed Answer: Dear sir Please complete the course of antibiotics. Ciprofloxacin is usually taken two times per day for 5 days. You can get a urine microscopy, culture and sensitivity to check for infection. Antiinflammatory drugs like Diclofenac or ibuprofen can be taken if you have irritation. But please consult your doctor once before taking ciprofloxacin. Thanks