What to be done if lettuce is stuck to the throat?

what do you do if lettuce is stuck in your throat, I can drink liquid and I can breathe ok.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

As far as the lettuce is concerned, it should slowly break down over the next 24 to 48 hours. As long as you have no issues with swallowing or breathing this is reassuring. I would suggest that you consider drinking some warm liquids such as decaffeinated teas for a period of time.

If beyond 48 hours you still have this lettuce lodged in your throat I suggest you contact your primary physician who may then refer you to a specialist who can use a special scope to retrieve the item very easily.

Thanks again for the query. I hope this reply has served to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Galamaga