What tests should be done for enlarged pituitary gland?

I recently had a brain MRI due to headaches & extreme dizziness along with kidney infection. The scan showed an enlarged pituitary gland, enlarged artery, and swollen lymph node. My doctor now wants a pituitary MRI and some bloodwork, then wants me to see an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor. I fell off a horse this summer & broke my collar bone & hit my head on the ground. Will the 2nd MRI really show anything that the 1st didn't already show? Also, should I be seeing an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor, or an Endocrinologist? From what I read, the fall could have caused the problem with my gland.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 7 hours later
Brief Answer: MRI and blood work up will help. Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm, hi! MRI pituitary and hormonal work up which includes TSH, FT4, LH, FSH, Estradiol, Cortisol, GH, prolactin. fall and head injury usually does not cause pituitary enlargement. why your doctor has asked for ENT opinion I am not sure. Regards!