What should be the normal stomach pH level?

Hello, I'm not sure if Dr's on this service can see the trail of what a patient is dealing with, I hope so because I have another question. I've been sick for a year, mainly stomach and weight loss. Please tell me what normal ph levels should be empty and after eating, I have the Bravo ph in right now and would like to know. Thank you!!
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Answered Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query The stomach produces acid which is required to maintain the health of the stomach and aids digestion. The normal stomach pH in fasting is below 2. After eating because of dilution and neutralisation it drops to below 4. Bravo capsule is used to find out if there is any acid reflux into the esophagus. Bravo capsule measures pH at the lower esophagus and not in stomach. Here a positive reflux is when a pH of < 4 is recorded. Regards Dr XXXXXXX