Ask a Urologist   »  

What should be the normal frequency of masturbation at 22 years old?

I am 22 years old.
what should be the normal frequency of masturbation at this age.
i generally masturbate once in a day.
does it will have any adverse impact on my body or on my sexual abilities in future?
Please suggest me about the frequency of masturbation so that it will not have any adverse impact on my health.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

There is no consensus on the frequency of masturbation.
As long as it does not affect your activities of daily living, studies, job, interpersonal relationships etc --- whatever you do is fine.
There is a lot of myth revolving around this issue, that i can affect future erections, child bearing and so on. None of these is true.
You should not feel guilty about it and if so already - kindly remove it first from your mind.
Only worrying can cause anxiety and related problems with erection.
Once a day is fine. It is extremely unlikely to have any adverse impact on your body or on your sexual abilities in future.
All the best and wishing you good health.