What should be the dosage of folic acid and zinc during pregnancy after two miscarriages?
User rating for this question
I have been tested positive in the pregnancy test, i had 2 miscarriages earlier both the times during the 1st trimister (within 15 days of being tested positive for pregnancy. I work for a multi national company and the current job timings are 11 am to 9 pm this leaves me very very exhaustive and needless to say i have the morning sickness and nausea which clears off towards the evening. request you to kindly advise me as to what should be my folicacid and zinc dosage.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: 5 MG PER DAY FOLIC ACID AND 20 20 MG PER DAY Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I hope you have been investigated thoroughly for the prior 2 miscarriages. Chromosomal analysis of the products of conception and couple karyotype should be done. Complete blood count, screening for infectious disease, hormonal levels, testing for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome should be done. Needless to say, your job timings are quite exhausting. Take frequent small breaks at work, if possible a nap. Sleep for atleast 8 hours at night. Avoid stress and tensions ( after all a baby is more important than a job ) For pregnant women, the RDA of iron is 27 mg/day, of zinc is 11 mg/day and of folate, is 600 μg/day.11 In addition to the RDA, a daily folic acid supplement of at least 400 μg is recommended. For high risk pregnancies ( previous 2 miscarriages is a DEFINITE high risk ) - take 5 mg per day folic acid. You can take FOLZIN tablets daily for the length of your entire pregnancy. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Bbt drop in second trimester
- Dramatic drop in bbt
- Enlarged tonsil keeps changing size
- Suggest folic acid dosage to be taken during pregnancy
- Successful bbt pregnancy sample chart
- Folic acid dosage in pregnancy
- Miscarriage ttc folic acid with fertyl
- Fungal keratitis and nail fungus
- Effects of lucozade if anemic
- Recommend safe dosage of folic acid during pregnancy
- Can taking crinone raisemy bbt
- Pregnancy after two miscarriages
- Bbt drop for two days
- Fleshy growth near coccyx
- Flucloxacillin does drinking alcohol prevent them working