What should be normal body temprature?

My normal temperature is 96.5. How much fever at 98.5?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's normal temperature Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Normal body temperature varies during the day . It's lowest at 6 am and it's 96.5 and it's highest at 4 pm that is 98.4 . So any temperature above 98.4 degree during any given time is considered as having fever ( Temperature ranges between 97.4+ or minus 1 ). Based on your temperature you are not having fever. Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Follow-up: What should be normal body temprature? 12 hours later
Dear Dr. Deepak: I phrased my question awkwardly. My normal temperature is 96.5 all day every day all my life. When I register 98.5 I have all the symptoms of a fever. I understand that 101.5 is the reading that one should pay attention to. How, then, at what temperature do I have a temp that equates to 101.5 and requires attention? Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Temperature greater than 99°F is fever Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Dear XXXX Irrespective of any baseline body temperature, any temperature more than 99°F is labelled as Fever. Human beings are known to maintain their body temperature within a given range which I have already mentioned. So both of your temperature which you mentioned is in normal range of variation. So its not fever. FEVER IS ANY TEMPERATURE IN ANY individual greater than 99°F irrespective of any baseline temperature. I am sure I have resolved your doubts. Do get back if you need any further assistance. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak