What should be normal BP level?

Hello Doctor, Recently I checked m BP, it was 140/90 my age is : 34 yr, weight:79 kg Height: 167 cms Just want to know how much is the Normal reading, mine is high ? Do I need to use any medicines?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: You blood pressure numbers are fine.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Your blood pressure seems to be fine. Reading under 140/90 is accepted as normal by most doctors. However you can practice healthy lifestyle to make sure the readings remain under this limit or close to 120/80mmHg. You don't need medicines for now. Hope this answers your question. Regards