What should be done to heal lump on forehead caused after being hit by a falling trunk?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I got hit on my forehead by a falling trunk about 10 months ago. It's about an inch below the hairline above my left eye. I still have a pretty large lump and it's very hard.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: A CT Scan will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. The swelling might be only a soft tissue swelling and it will take some time for complete healing. However it is advisable to get a CT Scan of your head to rule out skull and internal injuries. A clinical examination and report of the CT will help in medical management. If it is not painful or the size is not increasing, you should not worry. Hot fomentation can help in reducing the swelling. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards