What should be done for sugar level increase before doing colonoscopy ?

Infertility Specialist
I am doing a colonoscopy prep and my sugar is going high. It is now at 300. .
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Insulin Detailed Answer: Hi, I wish to know whether you are taking insulin for diabetes. Your blood sugar needs to be controlled before you undergo colonoscopy. Fasting sugar 300 is High and colonoscopy not recommended unless you get sugar controlled with adjusting insulin dosage. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol