What should be done for a benign lesion?

Mar 2013
I have a mammogram report that states that report shows that there is an area that is most likely benign. they recommend a follow-up in six months. this is the second time that I have gotten this report .do you think I should wait an additional six months.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: PLEASE UPLOAD BOTH REPORTS. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. You have mentioned that this is the second time you have got such a report. Would you mind uploading the two reports please ? That would enable me to give you a more precise opinion. As such, if there is no significant change in the size and nature of the lesion, and it is likely to be benign, then 6 monthly follow up is standard. All the best. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Take care.