What should be done after a dog bite?

had a dog bit through finger nail when i was playing with his bone was going for the bone and let go when i yelled it went all the way through and drew blood should i worry or will it heal naturally if i let it be
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. As I can see from picture there is blood oozing from wound. I suggest you to wash in thoroughly with water for 15minutes. Get yourself examined by doctor as antirabies vaccination is to be taken as per schedule. Day 0,3,7,14 and 28. Watch dog for 10 days and in case dog remains healthy last two doses are not necessary. Rabies is a fatal disease so no chance should be taken. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing you good health God bless..