What should I do to relieve black rashes on my shoulders?

sir,under my both shoulder arm black skin rashes are coming like a fungal infection. wat should i do for that .please help me?i uses computer blackness is coming under my eyes.plz give me advice to reduce that?suggest me the best medicines?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 8 minutes later

Thanks for the query and the Images.

From the description and Images provided by you, I feel that you might be suffering with Tinea Corporis infection.

Tinea Corporis is a skin infection due to Fungi. It is also called ringworm of the body. This condition can be treated easily but has chances of recurrence.

Here are some tips to help cure this condition:
1. Keep the skin clean and dry.
2. Use a antifungal Cream containing - Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Terbenifine, or Oxiconazole. These are often effective in controlling ringworm.
3. Wash and dry the area first.
4. Apply the cream, beginning just outside the area of the rash and moving toward the center. Be sure to wash and dry your hands afterward.
5. Use the cream twice a day for 7 to 10 days.
6. Do not use a bandage over ringworm.

To prevent the infection from spreading:
1. Wash all towels in warm, soapy water and then dry them.
2. Use a new towel and wash cloth every time.
3. Clean sinks, bathtubs, and bathroom floors well after using.
4. Wear clean clothes every day and do not share clothes

This condition usually responds to topical medications mentioned above within 4 weeks. Severe or resistant cases usually respond quickly to antifungal medicines taken orally, which may need your doctor's prescription.

With respect to the dark circles under the eyes, these are due to stress, lack of proper sleep and long hours of work on the computer. You may need to change some of your habits and dietary patterns and this issue will be resolved on its own.

The cause for dark circles under the eyes include :
1. Thin overlying skin: the skin surrounding the eye region is thin and delicate. As we age, the skin of this region becomes even thinner which thereby intensifies the appearance of underlying blood vessels.
2. Allergens: Allergies to pollen, dust, or others can result in development of dark circles.
3. Genetics: In some individuals, genes inherited from parents can be responsible for the dark circles under their eyes. These circles tend to look a more prominent look in fair-skinned people or people with XXXXXXX set eyes.
4. Iron Deficiency anaemia

Some remedies and precautions that are effective at fading the dark circles off your face are:
1. Apply a Sunscreen every day before you set off from home for office or a trip.
2. Drink copious amounts of water
3. Application of plain (black tea) bags over closed eyes effectively fades off under eye dark circles
4. Cucumber Juice - mash a cucumber, with the skin still on it, and apply the juice to your face. Leave it on for at least fifteen minutes, and then wash off.
5. Also, make sure you drink enough water, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep.
6. Avoid the intake of excess salt in food items.
7. Apply overnight eye creams that contain Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Such creams help a lot in fading the dark circles under your eyes by strengthening blood vessel walls.
8. Include certain foods like, cranberries, blueberries, bilberries, tea (green and black), black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley that are XXXXXXX in antioxidants in your diet.

I hope this answers your questions effectively. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Dr Anvekar.
Follow-up: What should I do to relieve black rashes on my shoulders? 6 hours later

can suggest me specific antifungal creams that contains the things( Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Terbenifine, or Oxiconazole) you mentioned above.which are the good creams containing vitmaminc and vitamink to apply under the eyes.also name of the sunscreen?
plz mention the name of the good creams for above problems?plz
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 19 hours later
Hello Again,

Thanks for the follow up query.

You can use an ointment called as RING GUARD, which is commonly available in the pharmacies without a prescription.

Method of application: - Wash & dry affected area and apply Ring Guard Cream 2-3 times a day. Continue for ten days after lesion have disappeared.

With respect to the Suncreens - You can use ORIFLAME or Neutrogena Helioplex with sun protection factor of 30 to 60.

Other brands that are good include :- Alpha Hydrox, Lubriderm and Aveeno.

The brands for Under eye creams that I would suggest - Garnier Light Under Eye Dark Circle Lightening Cream.

I hope this helps.

Dr Anvekar