What should I do to overcome body odor and also smelling breasts? What apart from pine tar can help?

I have a problem with body odor even though I wash with pine tar and contact dermatitis. Recently I realized that the body power that I was using was causing my dematitis but now my breast smell like funky underarms. What is wrong and what should I be doing
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 11 hours later

Probably you have malodorous body odour which is called BROMHIDROSIS .This is because of the interaction of sweat (esp axillary) to the micro flora (micro organisms ) present in the axilla or other body parts.This interaction causes chemical changes which results in malodor . In some instances this is because of exogenous reasons also ,which means consumption of certain food items like onion or garlic etc.

The principle of management of bromhidrosis is:
1) Removal of sweat from skin surface & hair
2) Absorption of odorogenic substances
3) Reduction of bacterial flora
4) Masking the odour

This all can be done by frequent cleaning of skin with germicidal soap.Use of topicall antibacterial creams like clindamycin or mupirocin creams.Shaving of axillary hair would also help in this.And lastly regular use on deodorants.
One should also rule out fungal infection which are more common just below the breast .Obesity and diabetes can also be the reason and should be kept under check.
As far as your second problem is concerned i.e. contact dermatitis,needs a detail work up.You could be having allergic reaction to the powder or soap you are using or any pollens or may be its a fungal infection.Even a fungal infection can cause maceration and foul smell.

Kindly specify
1) The body area involved in contact dermatitis
2) Any predisposing factors which you are suspecting
3) Also the symptoms associated with it and how long you have been having this.

For contact dermatitis you can use any moderately potent steroid locally along with any anti allergic medicine. Steroids are generally not over the counter, hence you require a prescription from Doctor. But if its a fungal infection then you would require a anti fungal treatment.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries’.