What should I do to get rid of pimples?

i have done
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Acne is related to interplay of 4 factors. These are (1) excess skin cells blocking the skin follicles (2) excess sebum production (sebum is an oily waxy substance produced in the skin) (3) the presence of a particular bacteria (4) inflammation

The best way to treat acne is to treat all the factors involved.
To treat the pimple that is currently present you can consider using a cream that combines an antibiotic ( to treat the bacteria and the inflammation) with benzoyl peroxide (this reduces the excess skin cells and also helps with the inflammation).
These are normally applied at night, an example is clindoxyl ,it may be available under a different name at your pharmacy.

In terms of the pimple XXXXXXX that is present you can consider the use of cocoa butter for an extended period of time or a mild steroid cream for no more than 7 days.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: What should I do to get rid of pimples? 2 minutes later
Can u tel me medicine name so i can take
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 19 minutes later
Hi, the name mentioned was clindoxyl but the name may vary according to where you live. It is a combination of a topical antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide.

In some places a prescription may be needed, you can speak to your local pharmacist.

Feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: What should I do to get rid of pimples? 21 hours later
Hello madam,

how can i apply on my face ,i m staying in India.what is the name calling in Indian for this medicine.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 32 minutes later
HI, I checked on line and the name is also clindoxyl in india.
You can consider speaking to your local pharmacist to determine whether you can obtain it with or without a prescription.