What should I do to gain weight and muscle?

I am 31yrs old male with 62kilos of weight. My body structure is also lean. From the last 1 month started hitting Gym for 1hr in the evening. I want to see myself gaining muscles. My diet is also become very healthy. Could you please suggest what should I do to gain muscle?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.
Your present weight is quite good. Weight gain depends on body mass index. It is calculated based in height and present weight. There must be facility in your gym to calculate it. Get it at present status and ideal for your height.
Then plan your diet accordingly. Muscle are built primary by proteins. So you have to avoid fat and consume protein diet. Consult a dietician or your coach for planning of diet. Medical advise is that take natural food only. Avoid protein powder because it will affect kidneys. Muscle gaining tone will take some time. You need to patience.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: What should I do to gain weight and muscle? 1 hour later
My BMI is 21.4 that is according to my height(5.7") and weight(62.2 kilos).
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
You have perfect body mass index. Your upper limit for weight gain is 5 kg only. So keep continuing your routine gym. As your diet is healthy you need not to do extra effort. Just make sure you are including protein XXXXXXX food in diet as eggs, chicken , soya bean etc.
Don't take commercial protein powder at all. It will take 3 to 6 month for results. Have to wait for result.