Ask a Dentist   »  

What should I do for the milky tooth in front of two permanent teeth?

Hi.. My daughter is 6 years old and now she has a problem with her bottom front teeth. The 2 bottom front teeth have not fallen, but 2 permanent teeth have appeared behind the front teeth. I had observed this before 3 days and the milk teeth also seem to be strong. My question is should those milk teeth be pulled, or should we wait for some more weeks to see whether the milk teeth weakens and falls off. And if I had to wait, please let me know the period of wait. Kindly advise me how to make a decision.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: It will shed by its own, wait for 2 months Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. I would like to tell you that its natural procedure that permanent teeth erupt then they exert pressure on deciduous teeth causing their exfoliation. At the age of 6-7 yrs lower anterior permanent teeth erupt & exert pressure on deciduous teeth causing their exfoliation. As you mentioned that her anterior teeth are not mobile yet, so you can wait for 1-2 months.If still permanent teeth erupt completely & milk teeth don't shed on their own get it removed. Ask your child to brush twice a day. So that permanent teeth become healthy. Hope I answered your query Regards Dr. Neha Sumra