What precautions to follow for conception?

Mar 2016

We are trying for a baby but no any positive result please suggest what I do..
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. Follow this guideline which helps you to maximize the chance of pregnancy: 1) Do unprotected sex without any contraceptive method close to her ovulation day (14 days prior to next due date) or fertile days (12th to 18th day of each 28 - 30 days regular cycle) for at least 6 to 12 months. She can use ovulation prediction kit or LH kit to predict ovulation day in mid cycle. It is available in all medical store. 2) You must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and Folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after. 3) Do light exercise for physical fitness and avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style. Next thing, if you fail to conceive within 6 to 12 months of regular unprotected sex after tracking her ovulation day or fertile days, both of you need to undergo some basic fertility tests. These include: 1) Semen Analysis, 2) Pelvic ultrasound scan of your wife to check status of reproductive organs, 3) Test for tubal patency and cervical factors, 4) Thyroid profile and D-21 progesterone hormone assay, 5) Follicular study for proper ovulation 6) Blood sugar, Hb% and prolactin level test etc. In such case, you have to consult with gynecologist or infertility specialist for proper guidance of above mentioned tests and management of the case. Hope, I have guided you with my experience. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW