What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator implantation ?

What can I expect on a post-op basis following Spinal Cord Stimulator implantation? I am 66 years old, 5'1", 130 lbs. and suffering from nerve impingement in both legs following femoral nerve blocks for TKR's.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

It is unfortunate that you had nerve impingement during the total knee replacement you had.

After implantation of response from your nerves. It can cause tingling and pins and needles sensation in your legs and might even sometimes cause false pains without any reason. These things will mean that it is working well for you and now your nerves have started responding back.

An early implantation increases the chances of a faster recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.