What organs would cause daily lower back pain on both sides of the spine?

Thank you. What organs would cause daily lower back pain on both sides of the spine, 1-2" below the waist?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: probably linked to the muscles and bony structures Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this back pain below the waist line. Honestly, there are no major organs except the bones and muscles that are located at this point on both sides. If it were in the belly, then we could have suspected the genital and urinary tract also for possible causes. Pain linked to these structures(bones/muscles) often gets provoked and aggravated by mechanical activities like movements, exercise or simply executing daily chores. In rare cases, it could represent spinal origin but rarely would it be on both sides and just 1-2" without continuing down the trajectory of the nerves. I will suggest that you take some pain medications like tylenol and ibuprofen. If you should not get any improvement in symptoms, then I will suggest that you visit your primary care physician for a complete and more detailed clinical investigation. This will help identify any other possible clues that may point to some other problem. I wish you well. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD