What medicine to take for heavy hair fall with a dry scalp ?

I hail from North India from from last 10 months i am in Chennai.before that i was in Pune but i guess irrespective of the location my hair fall is continuous My problem is hair loss specifically from Back side .My hair is pretty normal from front side.but from the back its very less,cant afford to make pony tail also; its that thin and oil massage do disaster to my hair in terms of very high hair fall.i have dry scalp and dandruff problem also.Please help.Anonymous. Age : 24 Female, Ht :5.5 ,Wt : 63 Kgs. Family: Everybody has good hair including My father n brother mother had good hair, but she lost after she went some surgery for Kidney Stone treatment .please help !!!!
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 4 hours later
Hi Saini,

Thanks for posting your query

There are various reasons of hair loss as stress, prolonged illness, nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalances etc. It is very necessary to find out the exact cause.

Some suggestions for you:
1. After washing the hair with cold water rub the scalp with fingers as it increases blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
2. Apply lavender oil 3 times a week during night on the scalp and wash off next day.It promotes hair regeneration.
3. Take mixture of lettuce and spinach juice about half a litre daily.
4. Take multivitamin tablet "A to Z" daily once for 3 months.
5. Have healthy nutritious diet comprising of proteins, Vitamin A, zinc, copper.

In the meantime get some investigations done to rule out the cause of hair loss as:
1. Iron studies.
2. Thyroid profile
3. Trichoscopy in which the hair and scalp structures are visualized.

Consider visiting a Trichologist for examination of the scalp and investigations as suggested.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query.
Follow-up: What medicine to take for heavy hair fall with a dry scalp ? 48 hours later
Dr. Mitaly,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have one more query is , why the hair fall is from the back side only .
2 .Would you recommend be the Biotin tablet and if Multivitamin tablet (any specific Brand)
Thanks !!
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 48 minutes later
Hi Saini'

Thanks for the follow up.

Hair fall pattern is of different types and varies in individual.
If the hair fall is from the back side it could be cictracial alopecia which is a variant of Alopecia(baldness).

I have already suggested you the tablet"A to Z" which is a multivitamin tablet.
You can continue with Biotin if you have been taking it.

Wishing you Good Health