What medicine should I take for knee pain while taking altroxin for thyroid problem during menopause?

I am thyrid patient and taking altroxin and also asthematic. I am facing problems with knees.. stairs becoming difficult . I am 45 yr old and my manupause is already started from last 8-9 months. do I need some extra medicines and tonics... my height is 5"1 and weight is 55 kg. I have gained waight approx.. 3-4 kg in last 8 months. I am doing exercise approx.. half an hour brisk walk..
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take calcium supplements... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern. I shall provide you some useful measures that should benefit you. At 45 years as you approach menopause, knee pain and weight gain are common medical problems that you would face. In fact majority of women at this age develop this symptom. Estrogen hormones decline leads to calcium deficiency and weight gain. You may also face other problems such as hot flashes, burning soles and palms, mood fluctuations, depressive attitude besides menstrual irregularities / period cessation. In this instance, I suggest you to continue exercise. Start calcium supplements - dietary (milk, milk products, egg, spinach, cereal grains and so on) or medication (tab. shelcal 500mg once a day). Avoid falls and injuries. If it hurts to severely, you can consult a physiotherpist for couple of physiosessions. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards