What medicine can be given with suboxone for a child suffering from migraine?

My son suffers from migrains; but is on suboxone due to presc. drug abuse. What can he safely take to help with the migrain?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sumatriptan internationally advised and safe Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Well, the internationally recommended medication for migraines is a medication called sumatriptan. Sumatriptan does not interact with either of the components of suboxone and can safely be taken. My only request would be to meet your doctor and discuss the initiation of sumatriptan with him/her, as this is a prescription drug and should only be prescribed by a doctor. Sumatriptan has the best documented results to preventing migraine headaches. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.