What medication do I take for dry skin on my testicles?

Question
i have dry skin on one of my testicles it looks white an it is also a lot lighter in colour than the other testicle
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 23 minutes later

If the skin is dry, painless, paperlike, crumpled then it could be due to an old healed wound due to many infection. If you have had it after an exposure with a sexual worker then it could be an healed STD ulcer like syphilis(as it presents like this).

If there is no such history then it could be an healed fungal infection.
This have to be confirmed by a doctor only after physical examination. If the doubt persist then investigations are required.

There is possiblity of a condition called Fordyce's spot which are due to local glands present on the scrotum which sometimes appear prominent and hence the area white. Which doesn't require any treatment.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. If you have any other queries feel free to write to us.

Regards.

Follow-up: What medication do I take for dry skin on my testicles? 7 hours later
i have dry skin on one of my testicles it looks white an it is also a lot lighter in colour than the other testicle but when i use vaseline jelly on it the dry skin goes and it does not look as white.

Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 35 minutes later
Thanks for replying back to us.
Then it could be fordyce spots. these actually disappear on vaseline application but reappear has it dry up. But remember it is not associated with pain ,irritation, or any other symptoms or signs other than being as white patch, lighter in colour. The colour will change to that of its counterpart in few months to an year. Vaseline or Olive oil will help, wear cotton underwear, keep it clean and don't stress or do anything adventurously.

If any other symptoms are there than it could be any disease I have already said previously. In that case consult your nearest physician for diagnosis and investigation to give correct treatment.

I hope I have cleared your doubts. In case of anymore query write back with details and I will answer them.
Regards.