What kind of specialist should I consult for small dark spot under my left foot?

I found a small dark spot like the size of a yellow bean underneath my left foot. Its not itchy but painful when I touch and or press on it. I only found out today when I rub my foot inside the blanket and I have a wired feeling of pain underneath my left foot. Can u tell me what should I do, and what kind of specialist I need to attend ? Will it grow big and I cannot walk by that time ?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: it could be a plantar wart Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided, it could be a plantar wart. A plantar wart is usually more painful when pinched laterally. It can easily be treated with cryotherpay/ paring/TCA application/ Daily application of keratolytic solution like salicylic acid and lactic acid combination or electrocautery. It can definitely grow or spread.However it would not grow to an extent to hinder walking. I would advise that you meet a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis and get it treated. A visit to a dermatologist is also encouraged to rule out any other possibilities. Hope this helped. Take care