What is the vaccination schedule for a baby born to HBsAG positive mother?

my wife is a hbsag positive nad hbeag daughter was delivered on 8 april 2011.immediately after the delivery she was given hbig and hep b vaccine. the normal course for subsequent vaccination is 0,1 and 6 months however in the case of my baby the schedule was 0,1,2,3 i.e means so far she hs
as been given hep b vaccination 4 times.the doctor now said that the baby will be given one more vaccination after one tell me whether the pediatrician is giving the correct schedule of vaccine to my daughter.wil the vaccination be i need to tell me.the baby was 3.65 kg at the time of delivery.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

In a HBsAg positive mother, both active as well as passive immunity is given to the baby. Your daughter was given HbIg which was for passive immunity. The active immunity that is vaccination is given at birth, at 1 month or 1 and a half month, then at six months and after that a booster dose is required after one year of the third dose and then after every five years.

Since your daughter has already got 4 doses, for optimum production of antibodies, she now needs a next dose at six months and then a booster at 18 months.

You can take a second opinion from another pediatrician to confirm the same.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.