What is the treatment to increase weight?

Hi, i am 48 kg Height 175cm, i need to increase my weight. from childhood itself my weight like this only looking lean, is this any problem? my dad also medium weight looking lean, my mom also like that only. Is there any tablets, Syrup is there to increase weight?
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 25 hours later
Brief Answer: BMI is underweight Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic As per your query details you are underweight according to body mass index scores. It might be familial as most of the times genetic factors play an important role in determining body weight. If you want to increase your weight. The main aim should be towards muscle and bones. Though initially high calorie diet can be taken to replenish the low body fats. High calorie diet can include milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, etc. Increase your protein intake more than one gram per kg body weight So that it will increase your muscle weight. Source of proteins should come from animals and plant sources like soya milk, soya beans, meats, etc. Egg protein is considered as best and complete. Choose the sources according to your dietary habits and requirements. Every day milk should be consumed two times 200 ml each. It is considered rich in both calcium and proteins. Monitor your weight and rule out any nutritional disorders and malabsorption syndromes. Some blood tests will help rule these out. Hope it is helpful Thanks
Follow-up: What is the treatment to increase weight? 21 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks! shall i take protein powder? or is there any tablets along with food? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes start proteins Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, you can Start proteins. Ideally take combination of soya proteins and egg proteins. It will provide all the aminoacids that is need. Do some physical activity so that your muscles should ask for those aminoacids for muscle mass and weight gain Thanks