What is the treatment for tear in plantar fascia and neuromas?
User rating for this question
I have a tear in the planta facia and also neuromas between 2/3 toes & 3/4 toes with basitis each side of the neuromas. The pain in my toes when walking is like having broken glass in them. Walking is a problem. I have orthotics in my shoes and can only wear a wide fitting shoe across my toes.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Discuss your doctor for following options. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. From description it seems that conservative management like wearing orthotics in shoes not working for plantar fasciitis and morton neuroma from which you are suffering. As conservative treatment have not helped you and you still in so much pain on walking, I suggest you to discuss your doctor for following options- Injection of steroid in painful area. Decompression surgery to relieve the pressure on the nerve by cutting nearby structures. Surgical removal of growth( neuroma) if other treatments fail to provide pain relief. Hope this will helps you .Let me know if you have any more concerns. Take care.
People also viewed
- Constipated even after taking cremaffin
- Diagnosis of innate myopathy
- Diagnosis of local skin injury
- Diagnosis of impaction type injury
- Diagnosis of primary bone tumor
- Diagnosis of peripheral osteophyte
- Continuous vomiting after paracetamol overdose
- Partial tear plantar fascia treatment
- Tear in the plantar fascia
- Plantar fascia tear mri
- Nasal congestion day after embryo transfer
- Partial tear plantar fascia
- Is copper t safe after expiry date
- Relieve congestion after crying
- Torn plantar fascia treatment