What is the treatment for swollen ear?

my upper, outer ear is swollen and hot to the touch. Feels like puffy.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Your problem is caused by allergy or infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. There are two possibilities, the first is that your problem is caused by a kind of allergy(cold allergy) and the second is that your problem is caused by an infection. I usually treat my patients with ear problem with Cetirizine 10mg 1 pill a day. Also, need a steroid cream like Betamethasone 0.1% 15g to apply it on your ear. In case of infection you should use antibiotic. You should contact your dermatologist. For anything you don't understand, you can ask me. Dr. Behar.