What is the treatment for swelling of legs and fever with poly arthritis?

My spouse had fever during Nov 2013 followed by swelling of legs, palm and was not able to walk and later diagonised for enterc fever with poly arthritis. Till now swelling is continued and no signs of improvement. Later on lab tests from different sources it was informed that RA factor was possitive with 13.8, however other tests after this RA was informed negative. Kindly advice further.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: see a rheumatologist to confirm Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query. I am Dr. Alok, Rheumatologist from Delhi and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. RA is a diagnosed clinically, investigations are suppotive only. RA factor is mild positive, but if clinically it is RA than there should be no confusion. Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis can include fatigue, loss of energy, lack of appetite, low-grade fever, muscle and joint pain, morning stiffness of joints. Still I would like to know other test like ESR,CRP, Anti CPP. If you can upload the test reports and describe the clinical symptoms of your spouse in detail, I will be better able to help. I think you should see a rheumatologist in your area as soon as possible. Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. I wish you good health. Dr. Alok