What is the treatment for stomach pain around the navel and semi liquid stool in child?

My son is having stomach pain around the navel. it is relapsing 6 hrs after taking pain killer. no fever, no vomiting.Motions are semi liquid,
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax. Detailed Answer: Hii Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Your child is having pain abdomen along with semi liquid stools ,This points to intestinal infection which could be viral or bacterial in nature. I suggest you to; - give antispasmodic like mefenemic acid as per dosage 8 hourly. -give probiotic XXXXXXX twice a day. -give plenty of fluids,lemonade,buttermilk,curd,rice porridge. In case symptoms persist get him examined by pediatrician as physical examination will be required in that case, Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any further question I would be glad to help you. Wishing your child good health. God bless...