What is the treatment for small vessel disease with memory loss problem?

yes, thank you. my 57 year old daughter has been diognost with small vessel disease.She is having a lot of memory loss. mainly about her business activity. she has seen a neurologist and her primary, but they don't have any answers for treatment. Are there any answers?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: usually not reversible. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The loss of memory due to small vessel disease is mostly an age related degenerative change. It can be triggered by diabetes hypertension hyprcholesterolaemia stress anxiety irregular feeding habits drugs and alcohol abuse etc. Since it is a progressive disorder it is best to try to decrease the progression of the problem by having a healthy life style. She can do meditation, yoga and deep breathing exercises to decrease the problem. There is no permanent treatment available. Try to keep her mind busy with reading, crosswords, search a word and by playing Scrabble. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL