What is the treatment for scabies and does Athlete foot spread fungs to the rest of body?

Dermatologist
Question
I am suffering from contact and others dermatitis but lately noticed some red dots together and some white tiny extremely itchy pin head size pimples on inside of my palms, fingers and near the ankle bones. I looked it up and think it is probably scabies as the skin was so burning and itching during the night but I have also been suffering with an Athlete foot recently and thinking maybe the fungus from the foot spread to the body? Will be seeing the doctor but I am concern that either fungus is so resistant to treatment. Should I follow the clinical or alternative route? Or both? I am beginning to feel paranoia about my skin now...
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. There are chances that the fungus is persisting. regarding scabies, it should also affect the soft areas like inner thigh and scrotum. lesions only at ankle is rare. You please follow only the clinical guidelines. can you please upload a photograph of the lesions. this will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the treatment for scabies and does Athlete foot spread fungs to the rest of body? 30 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for your reply I am trying to send you some photos, if I can upload them successfully. thanks again XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photographs. Its looking like fungal infection only. Scabies can affect the finger web spaces but not the palms. Just go ahead with anti fungal treatment. you will be relieved. Thank you