What is the treatment for red splotches on my child's stomach and back?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
8year old has developed red splotchiness on stomach and back and now red face. No pain, no fever, no itching, no known allergies. She lives in the country and plays outside with dogs.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Please provide the photo of the splotches... Detailed Answer: Hi, The red splotches on stomach and back and red face could be related to fungal infection of the skin (tinea) or eczema. However, I need a photo of the affected sites of your child to get into a final conclusion. Looking forward for the photos of the splotches of your child. Thank you! Dr.Sonila