What is the treatment for presence of fine thread like white coloured worm at the mouth of the anus?
User rating for this question
Hi I am from India. My 4 yr son was complaining abt pain in anus region. After viewing I found fine thread like white coloured worm just at the mouth of anus. After removing it he was releived of pain. What should I do ? Which line of treatment should I prefer ?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pinworm infection- give Albendazole suspension Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The "fine thread like white coloured worm" at the mouth of the anus of your son are Pinworm/ Threadworm. They are a common intestinal parasite and are quite common among kids. It can be treated by intake of Anthelmintic (anti-worm) medicines like Albendazole suspension, given in one dose and repeated again after 2 weeks. Although medicine takes care of the worm infection, the itching may last about a week after medicine is taken. An anti-itch ointment will be needed to provide symptomatic relief from itching. So, kindly visit his treating Doctor/ Pediatrician & get the medications as advised. Frequent hand washing and routine household cleaning measures will help reduce the spread of pinworm infection to the family. There is no need to worry, your son will be fine. Wishing him a good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Nystatin triamcinolone for diaper rash
- Will alesse treat pcos ?
- What is the treatment for painful swelling in anus
- What is the treatment for pain in anus
- Hole above anus what is the treatment
- Nystatin powder for diaper rash
- Will yasmin treat pimples ?
- Can sulfazine cure ra ?
- Diet to improve immune system
- Can prevalite cure ibs ?
- Vomiting and diarrhea no fever
- Fructose 1 6 diphosphatase deficiency
- What is the treatment for mouth infection
- What is the treatment for mouth ulcers
- Can i take vimovo for ra ?