What is the treatment for plugged ear?
User rating for this question
my right ear has been plugged for about 2 weeks. what is the best way to get it clear?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Auricular lavage/irrigatio Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this plugged ear for more than 2weeks. I understand how annoying this is and the need to relief this impaction quickly to enable you feel better. Because I will nor encourage you to go manipulating the ear, Consulting with your doctor would be the best thing to do. he would either consider to remove it manually or use other procedures like lavage to address it. If the plug is initially too big ad difficult to be removed, the doctor would prescribe products like cerulyse to soften and ease removal. These would be the most effective and rapid ways to address this problem. Please, remember that is this should continue for long, you may develop an ear infection which further makes this difficult. Please, consider seeking a consultation as soon as possible. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more clarification or information if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for allergic sinus infection
- Irregular uterine lining
- Suggest treatment for plugged ears
- Irregular pap smear results
- What is the treatment for corynebacterium in the middle ear
- Irritative vs obstructive urinary symptoms
- Ischial tuberosity pain symptoms
- What is the treatment for swollen ear
- Treatment and cure for acute duodenitis
- Treatment and cure for traumatic mydriasis
- Treatment and cure for glossitis
- What is the treatment for ear ache
- Treatment and cure for odontogenic keratocysts
- Neonatal intubation landmarks
- What is the treatment for plugged ear