What is the treatment for plantar wart on the ball of my foot?

Hi! I thought I had a plantar wart on the ball of my foot.. All I could see was a small white circle. It was painful to walk on, like there was a piece of glass stuck in there. There was no raised area, but it did feel harder around the surface. I have been seeing people talk about plantar warts looking a particular way, but mine is nothing like the description. I used Magnoplasm the first day, in case something was stuck in there, and that eased the pain. But then I went to a chemist and they said it looked like a plantar wart and sold me Dr Scholl. I started putting the discs on as instructed, however, I am a zumba instructor and dancer, so after sweat, and jumping around, the pain is now excruciating and I can't point my toes without pain. So I went to a dr and she couldn't even see the wart, as I had apparently chemically burnt the area and there is now just white skin to be seen. Should I keep using the pads, or wait til the skin heels so it can be properly assessed.. I really need my feet.. Thank you
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. I can understand that this is a very frustrating situation for you, on many levels. The original symptoms you describe – a painful white bump on the sole of your foot – are very consistent with a plantar wart. The effective treatment of plantar wart is most often liquid nitrogen directly to the lesion. Therefore, you will very likely have to have a doctor treat the area. As such, you should refrain from using the chemical treatments for the time being. However, skin in this area regenerates relatively quickly. I hope this helps and that you will be back on your feet very soon. Take care, Dr G
Follow-up: What is the treatment for plantar wart on the ball of my foot? 50 minutes later
Is there anything I should do while the skin heals/regenerates? Cold packs? Wrapping /bandaging/ Gaffer tape?..As the 'wart' is not above the skin, how does it come out? I've read about people digging them out and pictures which leave a hole? Ugh! Is this the next process with the liqid nitrogen> if it's not dead already with my chemical burning? Sorry, I've never had one before. So painful! although better now that the Wart removal has been removed.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: The skin will regenerate most quickly by keeping the area clean, dry, and free of as much pressure as is possible in your situation (= try to stay off foot for a while, but this doesn't mean bed rest). Of course, adequate rest, hydration, and nutrition are also important for tissue regeneration. Removal of a wart can at first look invasive but the sole does indeed regenerate & grow back. Cases in which a small "hole" in the foot are rare & often associated with a very large & deep long-standing wart. I am confident that your skin will grow back quickly and you will be able to have a proper evaluation by a physician or podiatrist with subsequent appropriate treatment. All the best, Dr G