What is the treatment for peeling skin,burning sensation,redness and swelling of the lips?

My lips keeps peeling off, feel burning, redness, blood color, a bit swollen. I am 55 years female Please helpppp!!! I can not talk much, lips are very tight
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 minutes later
hi its called stomatitis or chelosisis kindly take some vitamin c and zinc supplements or take some fruits that will corrected if still pain there u can take one diclofenac and some vitamin suplements do one sugar testdone rule our diabetes mellitus
Follow-up: What is the treatment for peeling skin,burning sensation,redness and swelling of the lips? 11 minutes later
Thank you it must be a deficiency of vitamins especially which i stopped to rake for a while. Thank I aporeciate
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi , Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided, it seems you are probably having cheilitis or chapped lips. Dry weather, frequent licking of lips, nutritional deficiency, sun exposure,cosmetic use(lipstick allergy), certain diseases like eczema, candida infection, cheilitis glandularis or granulomatous cheilitis, medicine intake etc are some causes which can lead to swelling, peeling and dryness of lips. To treat the same Increase your water intake and take well balanced nutritious diet Take a multivitamin supplement for few days Apply a lip balm with sun protection factor multiple times in a day Use a mild steroid antibiotic cream two times in a day for few days over lips to reduce swelling, redness and exfoliation. Avoid frequent licking of lips and avoid pulling out dry dead skin Also take an oral antihistamine like cetirzine for few days. Hopefully your lips would get back to normal in few days. If in case no improvement is seen in a week, please meet a dermatologist to start an appropriate diagnosis based treatment. Hope this would help you out. Take care