What is the treatment for painful lump in the opening of my ear canal?

I have a small painful (slightly) lump just in the opening of my ear canal. Also slight pain in ear and a feeling of the ear being "stuffed up." The lump has been there for about 2-3 weeks.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. The symptoms you describe could be attributed to many things. One could be local inflammation of the ear canal and its associated structures. There are also several other structures located in that area of the face, such as salivary glands and lymph nodes. because this has been persistent for a few weeks, it is very reasonable for you to schedule an examination with a physician (either general internist or otolaryngologist=ENT) for a complete physical evaluation and determination of what the next steps should be. Again, thanks for submitting your question and I hope this condition resolves soon. Take care, Dr. G