What is the treatment for pain in neck,arms and hip after a head injury?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a fall with a lump on my forehead. there's no pain now. I have a large bruise. I have pains in my neck right across, and one in my arm. I get a sudden throbbing pain in my left hip. It disappears. Is my problem with my fall, about a fortnight ago. what can I do to help. I rub it with liniment,which seems to ease it.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need X ray of hip and neck. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Traumatic injury can lead to bruise due to hematoma formation it will resolve gradually. If your symptoms started after fall only then those are due to injury only. When such patient comes to my hospital we usually do MRI brain if abnormality suspected. You may need X ray of hip and neck also. Due to compression of this nerve root there is pain in your arm. For these symptoms analgesic [paracetemol or tramadol] and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.