What is the treatment for pain and soreness due to bitten tongue?

i have bitten my tongue on the side about a week ago and what I could use for the pain YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dologel if superficial abrasion Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for sharing with us. Pain and soreness due to bitten tongue is really painful. It usually heals with in 7-10 days. Since it's persisting even after 7 days , just check in mirror once for any deep cut or swelling. In case you have , you need to visit a doctor. For a superficial abraded tongue due to self bite causing pain , I prefer to gove my patients gels containing local anesthetic , commonly available with name "Dologel" It can be applied 4-5 times a day especially before taking a meal. If pain is severe I also add drugs like Zynase-D which contains NSAIDS (pain killer) and serritiopeptidase which helps in healing. Can be taken twice a day with a Pantoprazole after discussion with your doctor. Also don't forget to take treatment for your epilepsy problem. I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me. Stay Healthy
Follow-up: What is the treatment for pain and soreness due to bitten tongue? 47 minutes later
thanking you, For the following up reply on bitting my tongue ,I will be going to town and get Pain killers Pantoprazole from the tomorrow.At least there may be some let up on the pain cheers . XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Prefer to take it under your doctor's care. Detailed Answer: I suggest you to take medicines under a doctor's supervision there. You will be all right. Good luck. If you have no further query , you may please close the discussion and it.