What is the treatment for my hair fall problem with a family history of baldness?

I am 22, male. My hair is falling. I dont use any chemicals. None of my family members have any baldness problems. I have very thin and straight hair. I have been losing hair for the last 3 years during summer and rainy season, but grow back in winters. This year, my hair continues to fall, isnt growing back.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that hair fall can be due to several reasons and all of them have different treatments . First it needs to be determined what is the cause . You will need to see a trichologist for this and get your hair analysis done. In my opinion you will be suffering from androgenetic alopecia that is male pattern baldness . Your hormonal profile containing testosterone and DHT levels needs to be done . Minoxidil 5% local application over the affected area twice a day is one of the most effective treatment . Zinc and biotin supplementation are advised . If you require any DHT blockers will be decided by your treating doctor . I will advise you to seek consultation at earliest because it is very essential to start treatment at early stage before the follicle producing hair is fibrosed . Take care. Dr. Shruti