What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain and back ache?

Apr 2014

I have fairly significant pain this evening, that showed up fairly suddenly, in my lower abdominal area - specifically the whole "stomach role" area. I took my temperature and it was normal. I ate breakfast this morning - nothing unusual, but have had nothing since that time. FYI, possibly relevant - for the last three days, I was doing a new-for-me activity (flagging at an auto-race) that had me standing for long periods of time (6 sessions of roughly 4 to 5 hours each session). Each day, I had fairly significant lower back ache, and that is normal for when I stand for long periods. But I don't usually stand this long, or this many times in a row...
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You can take tabalet Dicyclomine. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Lower abdominal pain may be due to many reasons.It is important to know radiation of pain,any urinary problem,bowel alteration etc. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Urine RE/ME,ultrasound of abdomen. At present you can take antispasmodic like tablet Dicyclomine. For chronic backache you need few more investigations and need to change your life style. You need serum calcium and vitamin D level,X-ray of L/S spine in AP/Lateral view.MRI of L/S Spine should also be done to confirm the status of nerve involvement. You should avoid standing for long time.You should avoid abrupt forward bending. Physiotherapy is also very helpful in backache.It causes strengthening of paraspinal muscles. You should take your anti diabetic drugs regularly. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX