What is the treatment for long standing dry cough?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Timely investigations, treatment would help. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for the query Recently delivered wife having a long standing cough is for 13 months needs to be investigated to find the underlying cause. The exact guess about cause needs information about accompanying signs-like presence of fever, History of sudden cough after exposure to certain allergens, History recurrent common cold/skin allergy Worm infestation, Family history of asthma, wheezing /breathing difficulty , contact with a patient of infective cough,. The common investigations done would include- - Blood for Hb%, TLC/DLC/ESR -Stools for possible worm infestations - Allergy detection test. - X ray chest - Spirometry, - Check up by a heart specialist as per need. Please take an expert physician's advice. For physical examination & clinical judgment after investigations for necessary treatment plan. With the treatment she has to follow certain things for avoiding recurrence. - Pulmonary rehabilitation program. - Avoiding allergens, - avoiding contact with infection, cold weather. - Regular respiratory exercises (Pranayama) - Have a peaceful mind by meditation . Be positive - To built resistance by having balanced nutrition rich in proteins/vitamins/minerals. Please don’t worry, timely investigations, treatment& having supportive healthy life style will definitely manage her problem. I hope the information given helps you. Any follow up query is welcome. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Man causes of adderall root canal blister on gum
- What is the remedy for chronic pleurisy
- Does adenomyosis cause abruptio placentae
- Inhalation of paint fumes at work please advise me
- Dry cough since long treatment
- Is citrobacter koseri from a wound contagious?
- What is the treatment for dry cough
- I 131 treatment tongue
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- What is the treatment for dry cough and chest pain
- I want to know the procedure of taking akt4
- What is the treatment for long standing dry cough
- My lungs hurt really bad
- Side effects of divaa od 500
- Beating under my rib cage what could it be