What is the treatment for itching lump under belly button?
User rating for this question
A lump behind my belly button and itching around and under belly button, has got worse the last few days.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: It can be allergic dermatitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, it seems that you might be having allergic dermatitis. The lump can be due to localized swelling, usually associated with it. You should apply locally skin creams containing corticosteroids for few days. Calamine lotion may also help in reducing the itchy feeling. Oral antihistamine like Fexofenadine 120 mg once a day in addition, will be helpful. You should wear smooth textured clothing to avoid irritation. Also avoid soaps with harsh chemicals and perfumes. Avoid contact with the ivy vines in future. If the symptoms persists, get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a Dermatologist. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for itching lump under belly button? 3 hours later
Even if the bump/lump behind my belly button is only noticeable when you press on my belly button, you can feel it, but you can not see it.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should continue with the medicines. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for providing more information. I would advise that you should continue with the medicines prescribed earlier. The lump can be associated soft tissue swelling which will subside when your condition improves. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Regards. Thanks.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for itching lump under belly button? 2 days later
I could not find the Fexofenadine or any creme containing corticosteroid, over the counter, as suggested in your initial answer. How do I get these medications?
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Betamethasone skin cream will help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. Fexofenadine is easily available as brand name Allegra.If you are facing any difficulty, then you can substitute it by cetrizine 10mg. Betamethasone skin cream will help. Still, if any problem exist you can consult your dermatologist. Regards. Thanks.
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of taron-ec calc dha pack?
- What is the treatment for body itching with lumps
- Leg bumps linked to itchy vagina
- Irritation itchy bump on mons pubis
- What is the treatment for lump above the belly button
- Itchy vagina and leg bumps
- Is full or bloated feeling a side effect of trilyte?
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of sylatron?
- Is sensation of spinning a side effect of trileptal?
- Itchy tingly bumps on upper lip
- What is the treatment for swelling near belly button
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of tirosint?
- What is the treatment for itching lump under belly button
- Red itchy bumps on perineum men
- Belly button cyst treatment