What is the treatment for high urea content and swollen knee?

Hi Dr Herrick J Siegel, I am XXXXXXX D C here am from India, My daddy has a health issue his age is in late 60's. He has a cardiac issue as was checked up recently, had some burning sensation in chests. Doctors diagnosed and said that out of the three blood vessels two of them were choked, and the third one was working. I stay a few thousands of kilometres away from where my dad stays, just got a message approximately 48 hours ago, that he was doing fine, but suddenly he started feeling cold, then was not able to get up from the bed, was urinating and passing stool on the bed, he had difficulty in walking two peopel were needed to take him from his bed and put him in a vehicle to drive to the doctor. Doctor analysed the blood tests and has said today that their is high urea content. I spoke to my dad he told me his knee is swollen to size of a foot. What should be done.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Chronic kidney disease. consult nephrologist. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. First we have to identify the cause for this high blood urea. Usually at this age, urea is elevated in conditions like chronic kidney damages and liver damages, such as glomerulonephritis, liver failure and urinary tract obstruction etc. However, if he have high creatinine levels, it is more likely to indicate the Kidney Disease. Feeling of cold in kidney disease patient may be due to anemia. You should consult a nephrologist and he may advice life style changes. If the urea and creatinine are very high, he may recommend dialysis. If possible please upload the complete investigation report once you reach your dad. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. wishing you good health.