What is the treatment for erectile dysfunction and can vacuum pump help in penile erection?

I am a healthy male of 60 years of age. I have erectile disfunction. I tried Cali's and Viagra with no results. Does a pinus vacuum pump work?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1. Do you have diabetes or hypertension? 2. How are your relationships with your partner? 3. How long has it been ? 4. Do you loose erection before ejaculation or after ejaculation? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Follow-up: What is the treatment for erectile dysfunction and can vacuum pump help in penile erection? 7 minutes later
I have hypertension Relationship is good but after all these years and she is fat, she doesn't turn me on but I still would like to have a go at her. How long? The problem started last year When I am by myself I can get an erection without any problem I have hypertenction, the relationship is good, but she is now fat and not as attractive but I still would like to have sex with my wife. The problem started bout a rear ago an when I am by myself, I still can get hard
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Not an organic cause Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up details. The fact that you dont have hypertension or diabetes and you are able to get the erection when you are alone suggests that the erectile dysfunction that you are having is not organic. Its a functional in origin and the reason is in the MIND. It has something to do with the way to have relationship with your wife. Probably your mind is not accepting your wife as good fro sex and that is causing the problem. Medications may not help you a lot. You need sex therapy. Basically what is needed is we need to focus on your thoughts about sex and your wife and need to make you think and feel better. Thats what is going to improve your sexual capacity. "Sex Therapy" will have to be taken from a sexologist or a psychiatrist who can schedule you some sessions which yu and your wife should both attend regularly. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for erectile dysfunction and can vacuum pump help in penile erection? 12 hours later
One last question in this regard, would a vacume pinus pump help cause we dont want to go to therioy Doc, i said i do have hypertention but u said that fact that i dont have hypertention. Whats wrong with this picture?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes the vacume pump does help in such cases Detailed Answer: Hello Sincere apologies for misreading your details. Firstly vacuum pump does help in penile erection in cases like yours where the organic cause is not very evident. Regarding hypertension, if you have it, it would be advisable to get a doppler USG of your penis to see the blood flow parameters. If there is a problem of arterial and venous flow, then even vacuum will not help. However as you have mentioned that you can stimulate self and get an erection, I dont feel there should be a significant enough problem with blood flow parameters. Still the vacuum pump will help in your case. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy